Permission Slip: file available for download.
FRANKLIN DRAMA CLUB PARENT INFO Sept. 1, 2015
To the Parents of Students involved in the Fall Play, 3-2-1 Blast Off! Weird Stories from Space:
· SHOW DATES: School Performance…Thurs. Oct. 15 during the day. Public Performances….Fri. Oct. 16 & Sat. Oct. 17 at 7:00 pm in the Franklin Auditorium
NOTE: Oct. 16 is a no school day. If you can’t attend a performance, let us know immediately.
· CRITICAL REHEARSAL TIMES : Performers MUST attend their scheduled tech/dress rehearsals Oct. 5-17. Three FULL DRESS REHEARSALS are Oct. 12, 13 & 14 from 3-6 pm.
· REGULAR REHEARSALS: Rehearsal times are after school from 3-5 pm and on early out Wednesdays from 2:25-4:30 pm (12:30-3 pm on Weds. Sept. 16). Not all students are called for every rehearsal. The schedule explains who is called and when. The students who have been cast in the play need to attend all their rehearsals. It is especially important that students come to all rehearsals the last two weeks before the show and are required to attend all dress rehearsals & performances.
· TECH CREW INFORMATION: The Stage Manager will assign each Tech Crew student a job based on interests, prior experience, attendance, and attitude. Tech Crew is not required to attend after-school rehearsals every day, but should attend:
o Drama Club on Mondays Sept. 14, 21 & 28
o Tech Week and Performance Week, Oct. 5-17
o Set building Saturdays Oct. 3 & 10 (must come with a parent, see below)
o Other days after school or during your free period, arrange times/days with Stage Manager by emailing or stopping by the Little Theater any day after school
· PARENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We will send Signup Genius emails once we know the needs for prop/costume donations, snacks, and volunteer times during dress rehearsals & performances. Please indicate the ways you’re willing to help out on the permission slip. Parents & students are welcome at the set building sessions. We’ll build & paint sets, and create props & costumes, generally making theatre magic. Students must come with a parent (one parent can supervise several students):
o Saturday Oct. 3, 9 am-2 pm & Saturday Oct. 10, 9 am-1 pm, Franklin Auditorium
In order for your student to participate in the play we must have your signature for permission and a contact phone number & email. This will signify that you have read and agree to the rehearsal rules and guidelines on the reverse side of this page. The rules for students: If you break a rule you get one point. Any adult can issue a point. As soon as you have 3 points your parent will be called to discuss the problems. After that if there are continued issues, your case will be referred to the main office and you will not be able to participate in Drama Club.
The contact/volunteer info will help us keep you updated on schedules and needs for the production of 3-2-1 BLAST OFF! WEIRD STORIES FROM SPACE, as well as build a strong parent support group. Thanks so much for your support of excellence in the fine arts at Franklin Middle School. The Fall Play will be great fun and a wonderful learning experience for your student.
CONTACT INFORMATION: Email the Director or Stage Manager if there is a schedule conflict or issue
Mary Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org
Kelly Shriver Kolln email@example.com
Stage Manager, Costumes, Sets
The Drama Club website is always updated with current info: http://franklindramaclub.weebly.com