To the Parents of Students involved in the Spring Musical, Disney’s Alice in Wonderland Jr.:
- SHOW DATES: School Performance Tues. March 8 during the day.
- Public Performances Thurs. March 10 & Fri. March 11 at 7 pm in the Franklin Auditorium (Cast/Crew call time 6 pm) If you can’t attend a performance, let us know immediately.
- CRITICAL REHEARSALS: Cast & Crew MUST attend their scheduled tech/dress rehearsals Feb. 29-March 9.
- REGULAR REHEARSALS: Rehearsal times are after school 3-5 pm M/T/Th/Fri, Wednesdays 2:25-4:30 pm (12:30-3 pm on Weds. Feb. 10). Not all students are called for every rehearsal. The schedule explains who is called and when. The students who have been cast in the play need to attend all their rehearsals.
- TECH CREW INFORMATION: The Stage Manager will assign each Tech Crew student a job based on interests, prior experience, attendance, and attitude. Crew must communicate with the Stage Manager by emailing or stopping by the Little Theater any day after school – the Crew schedule is split up according to your job (ie, lighting, sound, shift, making things). Tech Crew is not required to attend after-school rehearsals every day, but should attend:
- Drama Club on Mondays (exact dates TBD)
- Art Club on Tuesdays (exact dates TBD)
- Tech Week and Performance Week, Feb. 29-March 11
- Set building Saturdays (must come with a parent, see below)
- Other days after school or during 6th period, arrange times/days with Stage Manager
- PARENT VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES: We will send Signup Genius emails for prop & costume donations, snacks, and volunteer times during dress rehearsals & performances. Please indicate the ways you’re willing to help out on the permission slip. Parents & students are welcome at the set building sessions. We’ll build & paint sets, and create props & costumes, generally making theatre magic. Students must come with a parent (one parent can supervise several students):
- Saturday Feb. 27, 9 am-1 pm & March 5, 9 am-1 pm, Franklin Auditorium
In order for your student to participate in the play we must have your signature for permission (via paper or email) and a contact phone number & email. This will signify that you have read and agree to the rehearsal rules and guidelines on the reverse side of this page. The rules for students: If you break a rule you get one point. Any adult can issue a point. As soon as you have 3 points your parent will be called to discuss the problems. After that if there are continued issues, your case will be referred to the main office and you will not be able to participate in Drama Club.
The contact/volunteer info will help us keep you updated on schedules and needs for the production of ALICE IN WONDERLAND, as well as build a strong parent support group. Thanks so much for your support of excellence in the fine arts at Franklin Middle School. The Fall Play will be great fun and a wonderful learning experience for your student.
CONTACT INFORMATION: email the Director or Stage Manager if there is a schedule conflict or issue
Mary Sullivan firstname.lastname@example.org Drama Director
Kelly Shriver Kolln email@example.com Stage Manager, Costumes